POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elution Drop : Re: Elution Drop Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elution Drop
From: Alain
Date: 17 May 2005 18:41:47
Message: <428a732b@news.povray.org>
Burki nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-05-17 20:48:
> Hello out there!
>
> Since Jim Holsenback made his laboratory scene, I wanted to have one for
> myself as well.
>

> The geometry in the scene is not too complicated, so I didn't use any
> modeller.
> The labels of the pen and bottles were made with Corel Draw.
>
> Lightning is with three light sources. I also made one trial with an area
> light but the rendering time exploded. That's why I didn't use photons or
> radiosity as well.
> Rendering time was 3/4 hours.
>

> You may also download 1024*768 sized images from the adresses below:
> jpeg:   www.ginko.de/user/burki/elution_drop.jpg     (124 kb)   or
> ping:   www.ginko.de/user/burki/elution_drop.png   (917 kb) .
>
> Hope you like it,
> Burki
>

> pm: this my first image posting here, so
> Thanks to Toni Lama for writing his POV-Ray book !

It's obvious that any area_light take more time, but you can greatly reduce that by
using adaptive
in the light deffinition. Start with adaptive 0 and only increase it if you get
artefacts. That way,
I can use 17*17 or more arays that don't take much more time than 4*4 without
adaptive. Also, you
can use one area_light for the main light and ordinary secondary light(s).

Alain